Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 is recommended for complete fluid replacement and “top off” in most cars and light trucks.
Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 is a synthetic brake fluid comprising of glycols and braoted esters to achieve a higher boiling point and wet boiling point.
Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 is designed for use in all brake systems particularly those which are exposed to extreme conditions
As with all brake fluids which contain glycol ethers, care should be taken to avoid spilling this product on paintwork as it may have a damaging effect. In case of spillage rinse the affected area with water immediately. Do not wipe.
All conventional brake fluids deteriorate during use. It is strongly recommended that Castrol Brake Fluid DOT4 should be changed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s advice. In the absence of such advice, a 2 year change period is recommended.
This product has been formulated from mixed polyalkylene glycol ethers and borate esters together with high performance additives and inhibitors which give ultimate system protection:
- Against the effects of corrosion
- High boiling point temperature to reduce vapour lock.
- The formulation has been developed such that the vapour lock point can be sustained at a higher level than conventional glycol ether based fluids during the service life of the product.
- Exceeds the requirements of the SAE J1703, SAE J1704, FMVSS 116 DOT 4, ISO 4925 and JIS K 2233 specifications.
- Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 is fully compatible with other fluids meeting FMVSS 116 DOT 3 and DOT 4 however, in order to maintain the superior performance characteristics of Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4, avoid mixing with other brake fluids products.
- Engineered to provide outstanding performance in today’s high temperature braking systems
- Unique Low Moisture Activity (LMA) formulation provides maximum wet boiling point protection against vapor lock brake failure when compared to leading brake fluids
- Recommended for all anti-lock braking systems (ABS), hydraulic drum and disc braking systems and hydraulic clutches requiring DOT 3 or DOT 4 fluids
- Provides superior fluidity at low temperatures for optimum braking response
- Exceeds DOT 3 and 4 and all leading auto manufacturers’ requirements
- Mixes with conventional brake fluids
Product Data Sheet
Material Safety Data Sheet